This page has moved to a new address.

Features from Last Week

Sew Woodsy: Features from Last Week

Monday, January 24, 2011

Features from Last Week


First off, on a personal note... our football team {Pittsburgh Steelers} made it to the Super Bowl!!! Which means... I must complete my Steeler's dress I started last year that I was supposed to finish in time for the game we went to see in September of 2010! 
For those of you who are football fans, you might recognize the amazing football player in the middle... the Rashard Mendenhall, number 34! We got to meet him and a few other players after the Steelers/Buccaneers game last September. (Mr. Woodsy is on the far right, followed by myself, Rashard Menedenhall, my parents, and brother). My dad is from Pittsburgh and all of his family still resides there. I pretty much was born with Black and Yellow in my blood, and I swear that when Mr. Woodsy asked my dad for my hand in marriage my dad made him vow he would be a Steelers fan for life! In any event this means you will see a few Steelers inspired crafts between now and the Super Bowl which is exactly 13 days away! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, did we have some amazing projects linked up last week! Thank you for everyone who participated. I noticed we gained quite a few new followers last week, too! 11 to be exact! For those of you who are not familiar, if I've featured your project(s), please grab a button and display it proudly on your main page! 

With the help of some friends, here are my top 5 favorite projects (in no particular order):

 
Ok, so who said men can't sew? This ex-military/construction worker sew's on his free time! How amazing is this? I am still in awe by some of his projects... I am especially loving both of the projects I've featured above! I can not wait to try both of these projects. They will make for awesome gifts in the future! I also can't wait to see what other projects SewDad tackles!!!

A Sweet Frame from Simply Crafty
This picture frame is too darn cute! I love it and hope to be able to replicate something like this prior to Valentine's day! 

Headbands from Welcome to the Good Life
Although, this post is pretty much advertising for their shop {which is against the rules} these headbands are amazing, and I couldn't resist to not feature them!

 Monogramed Alphabet Tee from Sew Many Dreams
alphabet shirt painted
I think this is pretty darn cool! The letters came out crisp and clean and she just used freezer paper! Tanya gave a pretty good tutorial too! I've never used freezer paper, but now I want to give it a try! 

Bib Necklace from Simply Domestic
P1080739
These necklaces have been all the rage in blog land (and the fashion world)! I have yet to try one, so I think it might be time I give this a go! 


Thank you again to everyone who linked up! I can't wait to see what new projects everyone has been working on come Wednesday! 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Tanya said...

Thanks for the feature! My son loves the shirt with 'his' letters on it.

 
At January 24, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Simply Domestic said...

Thank you so much for featuring me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home