This page has moved to a new address.

Dimensional Magic Bracelet {Mini Tutorial}

Sew Woodsy: Dimensional Magic Bracelet {Mini Tutorial}

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dimensional Magic Bracelet {Mini Tutorial}

Last summer I finally got my hands on Mod Podge's Dimensional Magic. I had read about it for months on end and I finally found it one day while at JoAnn Fabrics. I started using it to add an additional dimension to my cards. Then one day I saw you could use it to fill jewelry! My good friend, Anngela, beat me to it! As soon as our Hobby Lobby opened she found an awesome variety of jewelry to fill with Dimensional Magic. She did a tutorial on it here. She did a fabulous job on her tutorial that I didn't feel that I needed to recreate it in as much detail as she did! These bracelet's make for great gifts or you can spoil yourself and make yourself some jewelry too! 


Supplies: 
-Paper of choice (I found two prints I liked from one of my magazines I was throwing away)
-Paper Mod Podge
-Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
-Sponge brush
-Scissors
-Bracelet with bezels
-Round hole punch (to start the circle and then I used scissors to bring it down to the exact size I needed it)

Cut circles from your desired paper, dab a little bit of paper mod podge onto each circle, and place the paper circles into the metal circles. Once that dries fill in each circle with dimensional magic.

This is what it will look like once you've filled the bracelet with the Dimensional Magic. Let this dry for a good hour or two.


Here is the finished product! 

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At January 13, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Through My Looking Glass said...

I LOVE this! Infinite possibilities with this one!!!

 
At January 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Fantabulous! I could see where this would become very habit forming. It's beautiful!

 
At January 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

sounds like a new and exciting addition to jewelry making!!

 
At January 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM , Blogger mousee23 said...

wow

 
At January 13, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger An Experiment in Happiness said...

This is fabulous! Yet another reason to love Mod Podge. I like your choice of designs.
~Jessica

 
At January 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM , Blogger AllieMakes! said...

Very fun! I have been thinking about trying this dimensional stuff. Those bracelets are great!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

 
At January 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Anngela said...

Thanks for the link-up Katie :) And glad you got to make one of these bracelets--yours turned out awesome!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous mousee23 said...

wow

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous Debbie said...

sounds like a new and exciting addition to jewelry making!!

 
At May 29, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous SistersoftheWildWest said...

cool bracelet. love the pattern. super job on the tutorial!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home