This page has moved to a new address.

Heart Shadow Box {Tutorial}

Sew Woodsy: Heart Shadow Box {Tutorial}

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Heart Shadow Box {Tutorial}

Back in October, I made Creepy Critter Boxes that I used as part of my Halloween decor. When I made them I wanted to make sure that I could take the creepy critters out and use the shadow box for something else. I was recently cleaning and found my shadow boxes again! *Yes, our house has been quite a disaster the past few months with the finishing and now completion of the craft room! I started brainstorming a variety ideas when this project came to mind. Ultimately, I'm very pleased with the way this came out! Pictures, just don't do it justice!


Supplies: 
-Hot glue gun
-Glue sticks
-Tissues paper
Scissors
-Hot glue gun helper flat wand(if you have it you will definitely want to use it for this project)
-Single sheet of scrapbook paper (for background)
-Cardstock or adhesive felt that the tissue paper can be glued on to.
-Shadowbox

Cut a heart using the cardstock or adhesive felt. Then cut one inch squares from the tissue paper. *My tissue paper was two toned so it gave for a nice pink and red effect! 

Plug in the hot glue gun, and start glueing! I folded the square in half and then in half again, so that I only had a quarter of the size of the 1x1 piece of tissue paper. I then place a dab of glue on the tip of the square bottom, and use the hot glue gun helper wand (as pictured above) to place it on the heart. I started from the bottom tip and worked my way up. My heart is about 8-10 inches in size, and it took me about an hour of non stop folding and glueing to finish this. 

Place the heart on to scrapbook paper, and then place it into the shadow box. Display accordingly! 


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At February 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Cathie Filian said...

How cute! Thanks for the Hot Glue Gun Helper shout out! I need to link to you! Happy Crafting, Cathie

 
At February 7, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Jennifer Smith said...

Great Idea!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

YAY, Katie! You did a great job of "linking" me to your blog! How did I just realize that I'm not following you! UGH!! I just adore your stuff! Well, I am now! :)

Thank you so much for featuring my LOVE printable! You are awesome!
Erin :)

 
At February 11, 2011 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Beautiful decor. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Great shadow box tutorial! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

And I'm a new follower :)

www.youngnester.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home