This page has moved to a new address.

Simple {Reversible} Tote Bag

Sew Woodsy: Simple {Reversible} Tote Bag

Friday, March 25, 2011

Simple {Reversible} Tote Bag


*This is the only photo I have and it was taken on a camera phone. 
One of my first sewing projects I attempted after receiving my sewing machine in 2009 was the simple (reversible) tote bag. I found a plethora of awesome tutorials from Skip to My Lou, and instantly fell in love with the reversible tote bag. It looked easy and I figured it would be a great first project. This one hour project took me at least a good 3 hours. I think I had to seam rip a good three times, and at one point I had sewn the bag completely shut! In the end it was a great learning experience. 

*This photo was taken on my camera phone. 
I made this bag for my sister in-law to house her birthday gifts last year! I used four full fat quarters and a quarter of a fifth fat quarter. This is probably my favorite bag I've made to date, and after making it I never found the same fat quarter pattern again at JoAnn's. 

*This photo was taken on my camera phone. 

I love the contrast of the blue inside the bag. Not sure if you can tell, but the straps have little blue flowers on them that match perfectly with the inside. 

After almost a year of no tote bag making I made a tote bag for a very special 3 year old's birthday!
It housed her birthday gifts, and best of all she now has a new bag to tote around her toys. I used my Fabric Heat-N-Bond application to apply her name and the crown to the bag. 

I am so pleased on how the letters came out! 

Here is what the bag looks like when it's inside out.

So, if your looking for an easy, beginners, sewing project. This my friends, would be the project for you! 


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At March 25, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Love them all! Great job!!

 
At March 25, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

They are awesome. You did well. Cheers

 
At March 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM , Blogger no spring chicken said...

These are wonderful...the red is my favorite!

 
At March 25, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Andria said...

Those are great, love that they are reversible.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Anngela said...

I love the one for Kyla--so cute! :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

They are awesome. You did well. Cheers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home