This page has moved to a new address.

{Mini Tutorial} Spider Dish Towel

Sew Woodsy: {Mini Tutorial} Spider Dish Towel

Monday, October 18, 2010

{Mini Tutorial} Spider Dish Towel

I feel like it's long over due to feature a sewing project!!!
Before we pulled our Halloween bins down form the attic I knew I wanted to make a dish towel. I had leftover fabric from my Halloween Table Runner I made along with the dangling spider beads and knew that those would pair well with my dish towel. I had just finished my dish towel when Mr. Woodsy finally decided to pull all of our bins down from the attic... that's when I discovered I purchased quite a few Halloween dish towels on clearance last year! Oooops! Since I'm an avid cook I figure I can never have too many dish towels! 

Supplies: 
- 1 dish towel
-remnant fabric
-trim

1. Cut your fabric to the length and width of your desire. Pin it down, and sew it. 

2. Next, you will want to measure, cut, and pin down your trim. 

*Here is another picture of the awesome trim! Love these little spiders!!!

Finished product! 

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At October 18, 2010 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Lina Thomlinson said...

I adore that trim! I saw it in the store a few weeks ago but at that price just couldn't bring myself to buy it without a project in mind. Now you've got me wishing I had picked some up! Great towel!

 
At October 18, 2010 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

I never thought of doing this....I really need some new dish towels. I'm glad you shared this..thanks!

 
At October 18, 2010 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Katie, thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I am a new blogger, so I really appreciate it! You have a cute blog and I can't wait to poke around and see what you've been up to. Now following you too....

 
At October 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger leemeandthegirls said...

That is so cute! LOVE! :)

 
At October 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love this! I think my granddaughter's dorm kitchen needs a set of these dish towels. So cleverly done!

 
At October 18, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger An Experiment in Happiness said...

This is cute! I love themed and holiday kitchen things. Great job!
~Jessica

 
At October 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Deb K said...

Those are too Cute!!

I am now following you from the Pink Dandy Sunday Blog Hop!

You can find me here~

http://debshere.blogspot.com/

 
At October 20, 2010 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

SUPER cute!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up at Gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love this! I think my granddaughter's dorm kitchen needs a set of these dish towels. So cleverly done!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Jennifer @ Muse Lodge said...

I never thought of doing this....I really need some new dish towels. I'm glad you shared this..thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home