This page has moved to a new address.

Halloween Table Runner

Sew Woodsy: Halloween Table Runner

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween Table Runner

Last week I stumbled across a post "Adventures of ONE CrAzY LaDy" about making a reversible table runner. I've only owned one table runner in my life time and recently have been wanting to change it out. As soon as I saw this AWESOME tutorial I figured I'd give it a try {and of course} make a Halloween one!

Below you'll find a few pictures of my new creepy table runner! I bought a 1/4 yard of fabric for both sides {knowing it was going on my hutch and not my actual table made my need for excess fabric less}. The cool spider print is from Wal*Mart for $2, and I used a very thick black velvet for the other side {also $2 from a Home Fabric Decor outlet}. Not sure if I will ever really showcase the black velvet side, but I wanted to keep one side neutral. I found the beaded spiders on ribbon at JoAnn Fabrics for $5 for a 1/2 yard {that cost me more than both pieces of fabric}. It took me a bit longer to sew it than I had planned, and I learned a lot about sewing with a very thick fabric and a very thin/transparent/stretchy fabric. Not sure if I will ever sew with that fabric combo again! Needless to say I'm pleased with how it came out {minus my mishaps}, and am happy I was able to learn a lot in the process.


 

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At September 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Kristi Flanagan said...

Very cute! The beaded spiders are awesome! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin seed Party!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

 
At September 25, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The table runner looks great! I love the spiders hanging off the end. I stopped by from New Friend Friday.

 
At September 29, 2010 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Trista said...

found you on hoos got talent! I love the spiders and combo of fabrics.

novicemommie.blogspot.com

 
At September 29, 2010 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Katie said...

That fabric is awesome, the spiders are great! I think you'll find the basic black side is handy to have. My friend used one to make a very elegant and striking Valentine display one year. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Very nice table runner! I really like it. I need to try and make one for my long rectangular table. Thanks for sharing. Saw you on Night owl Crafting! Stop by when you get the chance:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

 
At October 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

Gorgeous!! Some materials can be such a pain. I'm going to make my daughter a pillow out of satin. Another blogger actually gave me lining for it. Now I just have to do it!! And the list goes on.

Katharine @ Kat's AlmostPurrfect World
http://katspurrfectboutique.blogspot.com

 
At October 5, 2010 at 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the spiders hanging down! What a great touch!

- Megan
www.polishthestars.com

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Kat from California said...

Gorgeous!! Some materials can be such a pain. I'm going to make my daughter a pillow out of satin. Another blogger actually gave me lining for it. Now I just have to do it!! And the list goes on.

Katharine @ Kat's AlmostPurrfect World
http://katspurrfectboutique.blogspot.com

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Trista said...

found you on hoos got talent! I love the spiders and combo of fabrics.

novicemommie.blogspot.com

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Poekitten said...

The table runner looks great! I love the spiders hanging off the end. I stopped by from New Friend Friday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home