This page has moved to a new address.

{Sneak Peak} Craft Room Desk

Sew Woodsy: {Sneak Peak} Craft Room Desk

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

{Sneak Peak} Craft Room Desk

This past Sunday marked a BIG day in our house!!! Jon (my husband) did a test run on the desk he's been working on for the past month. For those of you who don't know I have been dreaming about my own craft room (who hasn't?) since the day we purchased our house (last August), and Jon started working on plans late spring. After hours and hours of "planning meetings" we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

When he brought the three pieces in from the garage (plus the cabinet on the end) I almost fainted with joy!!! I'm sooooo in love with the desk even with it not being finished! I must admit I've gone against his will since he did not want anyone to see a sneak peak. He doesn't like to unveil his work until it's 100% complete, but I'm beaming with joy and pride and can't resist! So proud of his amazing talents and hard work, and can't wait for this desk to be completed! Have I mentioned that I can't wait for it to be completed?  And of course I can't wait to share with our readers the finished product!

Pictured above is the woodworker himself, Jon, testing out the new desk.

Side note: The desk is currently being sanded and painting will start this weekend. The desk will be painted white to go along with the massive bookcase on the other side of the room (not pictured) and the beautiful file cabinet make-over that I did last month. The wood, 3 drawer cabinet (on the end of the desk) was a clearance find at Home Depot one Saturday afternoon. Originally marked at over $300 we scored it for $30! At the time we didn't know where it was going, but we knew we needed to purchase it. 

So, what does everyone think so far? 

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At October 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Cgal said...

I'm sewwwwwwwwww jealous!! After moving myself I'm trying to either sneak space in the office or as a last resort...the spare bedroom is about to be no longer!! Hey, my crafting is much more important than the occasional guest...right?!?!? :)

 
At October 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Aisling said...

ohhhh WOW. Currently I am confined to under the stairs. Eldest has moved out but will be back and gone and back and gone over the next few years. However I have declared that in the upcoming painting of that room I am choosing the paint colours with a future craft room in mind!

 
At October 6, 2010 at 10:17 AM , Blogger LBT said...

That is fantastic!!! I can't wait to see it when it is all done. I might have to come over just to marvel at it in person ;) Congratulations!

 
At October 6, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! We are hoping to buy a new house in a couple of years and when we do, it WILL have a room just for crafting or we aren't buying it. :) I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

 
At October 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

that's awesome! what a talented guy. bet you can't wait to do some major crafting there!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

 
At October 6, 2010 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

What a great desk!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!! :)

 
At October 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Eat To Live said...

How great!!! I have to share my craft room with My Hubs and 2 computers.

I am a new follower, I would appreciate it if you could stop by and follow me back.

I am giving a Mrs Santa Claus Apron away to one of my followers on 12/5.

 
At October 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger ~Katey~ said...

Newest follower from Buzz on by Thursday. I would kill (ok not really but still) for that desk for my crafts! I have a toddler and a newborn. It can definitely be a challenge. Surviving is my goal for the next 18 years LOL. Feel free to stop on by and follow me back :)

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:23 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Your desk looks great!! Thanks for visiting my blog and I'd love to see what the printable looks like after you've printed it and mounted it on canvas! You'll have to send me a pic!! :)

Jessica
http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM , Blogger AllieMakes! said...

Drool... It's gorgeous! WIll you share your wood-smith? You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie link party.
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Anonymous ~Katey~ said...

Newest follower from Buzz on by Thursday. I would kill (ok not really but still) for that desk for my crafts! I have a toddler and a newborn. It can definitely be a challenge. Surviving is my goal for the next 18 years LOL. Feel free to stop on by and follow me back :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Anonymous Cgal said...

I'm sewwwwwwwwww jealous!! After moving myself I'm trying to either sneak space in the office or as a last resort...the spare bedroom is about to be no longer!! Hey, my crafting is much more important than the occasional guest...right?!?!? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home