This page has moved to a new address.

Features from Last Week's Link Party

Sew Woodsy: Features from Last Week's Link Party

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Features from Last Week's Link Party

Thank you to everyone who linked up projects last week. We had 89 projects linked up! Keep up the great work. For those of you who missed yesterday's post--it was an important one. Not just because we are giving away cans of Paint It Black, but because August marks our first blogiversary! It's hard to believe we've been documenting our DIY projects for a year now. I look back through all of our post and now know where all of my time has gone... on projects and blogging! 


In any event... 


All last week I was having craft withdraw and dreamed of crafting all weekend long--only to find both of us feeling sick (now confirmed by the doctors that they are sinus infections), with very little energy. However, we did have enough energy to clean, de-clutter, and reorganize our guest bedroom! Ever since we finished the craft room earlier this year we never really cleaned up our guest room. In any event the guest room became "crap room 2". All of the leftover and unwanted craft room supplies (along with a bunch of other junk) landed in our guest bedroom which to date has only been used once out of the two years living in our home. So you can see where the motivation was to get us cleaning that room... if it wasn't for out of town family who have never been to our "new" home we probably would not have cleaned up that room. 


Enough of my rambling--here are our top 5 features from last week with not one but two Reader's Choice features (that's right they were tied)! If this is your first time being featured please grab a featured button, and display it proudly on your blog! In no particular order--here they are! 


Just Sittin' from Shelstring
Look at this beauty! I love that it was all made out of scrap wood! Materials right in her own home, and BIG props to Michele who tackled this project. She is a brave women. Mr. Woodsy would probably faint in fear of me picking up a tool! 

Stacked Topiary from Crazy Wonderful
Ahh! Aren't these amazing? People pay crazy amounts of money at stores for these artificial topiary, and yet Shelley made these beauties herself! And I can't help to take note of that gorgeous mirror hanging over the mantle! It all looks amazing. 

Wowza's! Is this pillow amazing or what? First off, the patience Tonia has is amazing! I need to gain patience like she has. I see projects that require cutting lots of small pieces and get flash backs to last year's Tissue Paper Tree project. I digress--this pillow is beyond amazing and looks just as good if not better than the original $145 pillow! 

 Thrift Store Desk Makeover from SaVvy DeCor
OMG--this desk has truly inspired me to want to find a solid piece of furniture and revamp it and make it as awesome as this desk turned out. The day I saw this I dragged Mr. Woodsy to two different second-hand furniture stores. We've yet to find what we are looking for, but overtime I need motivation I go back to this desk. It's amazing! 

Photograph Tiles from Midwestern Sewing Girl 
I can not stop looking at these photo tiles. Not only are they amazing, but they are inexpensive, and a great conversation starter. I am ready to go make some tomorrow... or at least pin it to my pinterest board to make for a later date! 

Reader's Choice 
(tied this week)

Baby Doll Dress from Sew Coco
Look at this amazing dress! I still can't get over that Denise sewed this--without a pattern! She did an amazing job. I hope that one of these days I can make a dress this amazing without messing it up the first, second, and third times! 

Raceback Top from Sew What's Happening? 
I love the racerback to this top! I can't wait to start making my own tops... one day! :) 


Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 2, 2011 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Crazy Wonderful said...

Eee!!! Thank you so much for featuring my topiaries! I'm loving the other features you posted too :D

 
At August 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for you kind words and for featuring my pillow!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Angie said...

There were so many great links on your party last week! Thanks for sharing!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Christie said...

Thanks for featuring my top!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Annemarie's Haakblog said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and inviting me for your link party tomorrow. I'll definitely be there, love it!
Have a nice day!
Annemarie

 
At August 2, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Kimberlea@SaVvyDeCor said...

Thank you very much for featuring my desk today! I'm honored... Good luck on your search for a piece of furniture!

 
At August 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Maggie Massey said...

KATIE!!! Thank you so so much for featuring my photo tiles!!!!! What a wonderful way to start the day...;)

 
At August 4, 2011 at 11:32 PM , Blogger DeniseAngela said...

My first feature! I was so excited to see my Baby Doll Dress.....thank you so much! Such a fabulous way to end a busy week of working!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home