This page has moved to a new address.

Spookified Glowing Pictures

Sew Woodsy: Spookified Glowing Pictures

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spookified Glowing Pictures



If you have photoshop this is a super easy project for you!!!
First you will want to pick the picture of your choice. I choose a wedding picture since I never spookified any of my wedding photo's last year. You will want to drag and drop your photo into photoshop. 


Next, you will want to select the following path in photoshop: 
Filter > Artistic > Neon Glow.
Choose whatever color you want. I typically choose green's, oranges, and purples. Then start playing with the glow size & glow brightness. Once your done; save the file and print! I print all my pictures on a cardstock, and then put them into the same frames that I have on my wall pushing the every day photo to the back. This way you don't have to try to find the picture after Halloween, and when next Halloween comes, you just open up the frame and move the spookified photo to the front of the frame! 

Here is another one of my favorite photo's that I spookified! 
This is a picture of my mom's family in the 60's! 
My mom is the demon baby in the man's arm's (aka my grandpa)! 

This is how our picture wall normally looks.
(and yes, the pictures are always crooked because every time you go through the garage door it shakes/moves all the pictures)

Here is my Halloween scary spookified take on this classic wall! 
By using a mixture of gortraits and my own photo-shopped pictures I'm able to have a creepy take on this wall. As you can tell not all of the pictures are straight and that's fine by me! I also did not put any more holes in the wall. I played around with the various frames and sizes and made it work. I'm sure each year our picture wall will vary. 

Here is another view of the creepy scary wall! 

Here are three pictures I transformed last year that sit on a shelf in our living room. The first picture on the left is of me and my two friends during a pre-k Halloween celebration. I am the princess in the middle. The middle photo is of my "Mr. Woodsy" and his family, and the third picture is of Mr. Woodsy and his big catch! 

*I classified this project as free since I did not have to go out to the store to purchase anything. I had all the supplies already at my house.

I entered: 

Labels: , ,

29 Comments:

At October 16, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool! You're so clever!!!
-Kendall
{songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

 
At October 16, 2010 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Jana said...

Great idea. I love it.

 
At October 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Sawdust Girl said...

So cool. I love your GORTRAIT wall. That is such an awesome name. Mind if I steal that?

 
At October 16, 2010 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This is great! Love the photos! Can't wait to see the coffin. I hope you'll share!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are spooky! What a fun idea! Thanks for linking with While He Was Napping! I hope you'll join me for another party next weekend!

Krista

 
At October 17, 2010 at 1:05 AM , Blogger Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So so cool! Have to try this. Thanks, you clever woman.

 
At October 17, 2010 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Liz said...

Great idea, such a cool Halloween decoration!

Stopping by from Pink Dandy Blog Hop. I'm fa new follower, hope you can stop by and follow back. Thanks!

http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/

 
At October 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

This is a fun idea, your pics look great!

 
At October 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

Wow, I love the gortraits! I'm seriously gonna try this. Genius idea!!

 
At October 17, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Cristie said...

These are so cool! I really like them.

 
At October 17, 2010 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Lenora said...

These are great and love todays blood spattered windows too! Still checkign out the parties! Come to our graveyard party post if you dare - Lenorita-LenoraMoore.blogspot.com and add to our memory shrine

 
At October 17, 2010 at 11:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spookified picture wall looks great! What an fun idea!

 
At October 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Carpenter's said...

This is spooky! I can't wait to surprise my boys with pictures of them :)

 
At October 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Susan said...

I do not have photoshop ( or even PS elements, but I want to get that, will i be able to do it on elements?)

These are WONDERFUL! I am so glad I found your blog through Vanessa's halloween party...now following

Thank you :)

Peace,
Susan

Please come visit:
pre-party post, main party post with giveaway, post-party post

http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/

 
At October 18, 2010 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Katie! Super cool! Just wanted to let you know I featured this today. Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

 
At October 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM , Blogger awal.ny said...

What a simple idea but really good. I love it and I will definately be putting some of our spooky family portraits on the mantel.

 
At October 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM , Blogger chris said...

Wow, what fun photo tricks. Thank you for the great tips.

 
At October 21, 2010 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Crafty Mommy Diva said...

How clever and fun! Thanks for sharing and linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

 
At October 23, 2010 at 11:23 AM , Blogger TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Well, these are so cool! I must add some to my Halloween Photo collection! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

 
At October 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Annabelle said...

Thanks for the tutorials, luv them all! Found you by way of Vanessa.


I'm having a draw for a little something for HALLOWEEN OCTOBER 31ST so do drop in for a little while.

( http://thewoodbeyondtheworld.blogspot.com/ )

•*´¨*.•*´¨*~^..^~*Annabelle.•*´¨*.•* *

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Scrappy Gifts said...

How clever and fun! Thanks for sharing and linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous TracyMB said...

Well, these are so cool! I must add some to my Halloween Photo collection! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Annabelle said...

Thanks for the tutorials, luv them all! Found you by way of Vanessa.


I'm having a draw for a little something for HALLOWEEN OCTOBER 31ST so do drop in for a little while.

( http://thewoodbeyondtheworld.blogspot.com/ )

•*´¨*.•*´¨*~^..^~*Annabelle.•*´¨*.•* *

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Chris said...

Wow, what fun photo tricks. Thank you for the great tips.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Susan said...

I do not have photoshop ( or even PS elements, but I want to get that, will i be able to do it on elements?)

These are WONDERFUL! I am so glad I found your blog through Vanessa's halloween party...now following

Thank you :)

Peace,
Susan

Please come visit:
pre-party post, main party post with giveaway, post-party post

http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Lenora said...

These are great and love todays blood spattered windows too! Still checkign out the parties! Come to our graveyard party post if you dare - Lenorita-LenoraMoore.blogspot.com and add to our memory shrine

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Jennifer @ Muse Lodge said...

Wow, I love the gortraits! I'm seriously gonna try this. Genius idea!!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Liz said...

Great idea, such a cool Halloween decoration!

Stopping by from Pink Dandy Blog Hop. I'm fa new follower, hope you can stop by and follow back. Thanks!

http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Jana said...

Great idea. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home