This page has moved to a new address.

Thrift Store Finds...

Sew Woodsy: Thrift Store Finds...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thrift Store Finds...

I like going to the thrift store every now and then to browse and see if there is anything worth value. Not only is the money going back to the store and helping the community, but it's good for the environment since you are not buying new goods that needed to be produced! 


Most of the time I visit with something in mind. Since it's the end of August I start thinking a bout Halloween and in the months/week's leading to my favorite holiday I like to frequent the stores to see what inexpensive stuff I can turn into cool Halloween decorations (and also what cool Halloween decorations I can find for cheap). On my most recent visit I found a very cool candelabra for $1.99. Although it's missing the other two frosted glass pieces I plan to take the lone glass piece off. You can't tell from the picture but it's a rusty brown. I'm definitely going to spray paint it black, and was even thinking about using some paper-mâché to really beef it up... I also have these really cool purple candle sticks that are going to sit in this. I can't wait for Halloween! 


Tissue paper: .33 (What a steal & brand new--colored paper retails for $2 at Target)
Red Belt: .99 (This would have easily been $10-20 in the store)
Red serving tray: $3.99
Candelabra: $1.99


After taxes my total bill came out to be $7.84! I think I was going for a red and black theme that day... I love the thrift store! 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2010 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Diane said...

Great bargains. Love that red scalloped plate. Lots of potential there.

Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie and leaving a nice comment.

 
At August 27, 2010 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Anngela said...

I LOVE going to the thrift store also :) The belt was an awesome find! & I can't wait to see the house this year for Halloween :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous Diane said...

Great bargains. Love that red scalloped plate. Lots of potential there.

Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie and leaving a nice comment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home