This page has moved to a new address.

Onesie Dress

Sew Woodsy: Onesie Dress

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Onesie Dress

I found this awesome tutorial a while back on Blue Cricket Design's blog. BCD featured Running with Scissors which did such a faboulous job on the tutorial that I didn't feel there is a real need for me to recreate her tutorial! (Run over to both blogs and check out how easy this onesie dress is to make.)


Even though I'm not doing a tutorial I will give some tips and ways that I've modified her tutorial... for a beginner sewer add an extra inch to everything. I've also been using onesies size 3-6 months... not 6-9 months like her.  You also don't need to stretch the onesie a lot when your sewing on the skirt... this was my first time mistake... after that I didn't do that again! Stretch only a little bit... after your first one you'll see exactly what I mean!


I skipped the actual freezer paper stencil part because I used my  cricut and cut fabric and ironed it on to the onesie. See my tutorial on how to do this here. Other than the actual cutting fabric on the cricut I followed the rest of RWS steps. The best part is that you can make so many different variations of this dress. I've only made two variations so far, and am currently finishing up on my third "miracle" onesie dress. For those of you who  might be wondering which cartridge I got the cut-outs from it was the home decor cricut solutions cartridge


I do not have children, but I have tons of friends that are having babies right now. Since giving this dress it has become all the rage amongst my friends. Not only is it the most adorable dress ever, but it's home made! You can't get a better gift than that (well maybe getting the winning lotto ticket)!


Below is a perfect example of an expectant mother (and good friend of mine) to be opening up her new home-made onesie dress, and beyond happy with it! 

 

 


*Stay tuned in a few month's I'll be posting pictures of some of the cute babies modeling my onesie dresses!


Linked to: CraftGawker 





Show and Tell Green

 The DIY Show Off  











 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Jessica @ Running With Scissors said...

love these! The cricut makes such great iron ons! These are so awesome, I am jealous of the cricut and I'm glad you were able to make different sizes, as my instructions were kind of lame for the different onesies. Great job! I loved the photos of your friend recieving your amazing gift!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Jessica @ Running With Scissor said...

love these! The cricut makes such great iron ons! These are so awesome, I am jealous of the cricut and I'm glad you were able to make different sizes, as my instructions were kind of lame for the different onesies. Great job! I loved the photos of your friend recieving your amazing gift!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home