This page has moved to a new address.

Features from Last Week's Link Party

Sew Woodsy: Features from Last Week's Link Party

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Features from Last Week's Link Party

A big thank you to all the amazing crafters that linked up last week! We had some fabulous projects that not only inspired me but got me motivated! If you follow us on Twitter, you are probably aware of the fact that we were out thrifting for a good part of Saturday. However, we did go into this amazing wood imported furniture store; Washburn Imports.  Everything was beyond our price range, but it got our creative juices flowing. The first project I'm featuring today reminds me of some of the pieces we saw on Saturday. 

Now, on to the features. Here are our top 5 features from last week, and our Reader's Choice feature! If this is your first time being featured please grab a featured button, and display it proudly on your blog! 

Rustic 3 Drawer Chest from 551 East Furniture Design
WOW--I absolutely LOVE this 3 drawer chest. Just like Julia, I can't imagine sanding and distressing something that is painted perfectly, but I know in the coming months we will be doing this very same thing. I just wish we had a basement where we would find little gems like this sitting in the corner (rotting away) waiting for a little TLC! Instead I keep pursuing Craigslist in hopes to find something with a little character that we can make amazing!

Repurposed Thrift Store Mirror from Second Chances by Susan
Oh my, I love what Susan did to this awesome $7 thrift store find! I love the colors and finish on it!!! This inspires me to go thifting! 

Ballerina Birthday Bash from Polka Dots on Parade
I absolutely LOVE this balloon wreath and all the other aspects of the Ballerina Birthday Party. I took ballet when I was a little girl and would have appreciated a fun birthday party like Jaime gave for her daughter's birthday! 

DIY Spooky Sugar Cubes from Closet Crafter
Ok, so technically this is food which wouldn't be allowed, but I'm letting this slide as a craft since your making your own (amazingly awesome) skull sugar cubes! I'm glad to see that their are other's out their that love Halloween as much as Mr. Woodsy and I do. I do not think it's too soon to post about Halloween (Mr. Woodsy feels different about that subject)! I love these and plan to make them for my morning coffee for the months of September and October... and maybe somehow incorporate these into our Halloween party? 

Trash to Treasure Foot Stool from I saw that going differently in my mind...
How amazing is this awesome foot stool revamp? The best part is that it was 100% free. I love when we as crafters get the ah ha! moment that we can revamp something. Go check out what this foot stool first looked like! :) 

Reader's Choice

Easy Art Center from Burton Avenue
No wonder why this was the Reader's Choice this week--this station is awesome and oh-so-smart! 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Anonymous Angie said...

Thanks so much for featuring my art center. I was so excited to see it was the Reader's Choice - it seriously made my day!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay!! Thanks for the kind words!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home