This page has moved to a new address.

Vacation Photography {Part 2: New York City}

Sew Woodsy: Vacation Photography {Part 2: New York City}

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacation Photography {Part 2: New York City}

Last month we shared part 1 of our vacation photos from Philadelphia. As promised we would share a few of our favorite photographs we took (part 2) while visiting New York City during the fourth of July.

Mr. Woodsy and I scored $38 orchestra seats to the controversial Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark. It was beyond amazing. The costumes, the set, the music, and the actors/actresses altogether made this show wonderful. It was so good we would pay $200+ per ticket to see it again. If you are going to NYC you must go see this play (oh and just for the record I'm not into Spider Man--so this opinion is coming from a non-Spider Man lover)! 

While walking through the city we were able to capture a beautiful black and white of the Empire State Building. By the time we made it over to the building the sun was close to going down and it was an hour later. This is something we will visit next time. 

After we left the Empire State Building we were heading to the subway to head back to where we were staying and we just so happened to pass the New York City Public Library! I was very excited to see this historic library up close and personal! 

The next day we met Mr. Woodsy's family for brunch in Brooklyn. We had a stunning view of Manhattan. We were in Long Island City (which is where the current season of Design Star is being filmed). Long Island City is breath taking. A newly created park with tons of green space and a gorgeous view. This gave me even more of an opportunity to take more photo's for our New York City themed pool table room! I can't wait to start enlarging photo's and placing them in our pool table room. 

Here is another view of the city with some beautiful purple flowers in the foreground in Long Island City.

As soon as we walked into a small section of the park in Long Island City I felt like I was walking straight into The Secret Garden. I loved this green space and knew that if I was a bride-to-be living in NYC I would have totally had my engagement photo's taken here. *Mr. Woodsy's aunt took this photo

That evening, after watching an odd off-Broadway show we took a walk heading toward Time Square. While walking at night we saw the Empire State Building lit up in red, white, and blue in honor of Independence Day. I had no idea that they lit the Empire State Building up during holidays. It was a nice surprise! 

We also stumbled across a rather odd art piece... A giant head in the middle of a park. If I remember correctly this is in the Flatiron District. 

After probably 50 blocks of walking we made it back to Times Square. We spent a good 5 minutes trying to take a one-handed photo with a heavy DSLR camera. This was the best out of our 20+ out-takes! 

We made our way down to the World Trade Centers and Battery Park. I loved this cross made out of steel beams from the two World Trade Center towers that fell on September 11, 2001. I just happened to capture a taxi speeding buy. 

That afternoon Mr. Woodsy and I took the ferry over to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Ever since I was a little kid I wanted to do this. I'm happy to report that my 3rd visit to New York City was a charm. My wish was finally granted. Although, by that afternoon the look on Mr. Woodsy's face really says it all. We were pooped. 

Lady Liberty in all her glory. 

One of many photo's Mr. Woodsy and I took in front of the Statue of Liberty. 

This is probably one of my favorite photo's from our vacation. Out beautiful Statue of Liberty overlooking Manhattan. **See that tall building underneath the second "o"? That is the new Freedom Tower. It's 65 stories and growing. I believe it should be done next year? 

We hope you enjoyed our vacation photos.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Wow, what a great vacation! I would love to visit NYC. That is definitely on my list of places to go to. Beautiful pictures. Looks absolutely charming!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger While They Snooze said...

Great pictures! : )

 
At August 23, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Anna said...

Great pictures! Love the shots of the cityscape.

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home