This page has moved to a new address.

Appliquéd Tie Onesie

Sew Woodsy: Appliquéd Tie Onesie

Monday, August 15, 2011

Appliquéd Tie Onesie

Let's face it... the onesie tie tutorial has been around the block or two, but I still can't get enough of them! They are beyond adorable and make for an awesome (and inexpensive) baby-shower gift! I love the fact that you can customize them for each person you are giving them to. I downloaded the FREE pattern on Crap I've Made, and followed her detailed step-by-step tutorial! 


I have quite a few friends who graduated from the University of Florida. Each of them are die-hard fans, which ultimately means their children will be (forced to be) die-hard fans as well! You can customized these onesie ties with just about any type of fabric you can find! 

Pictured above is a homemade card and a two pack of customized Florida Gator onesies tied with some coordinating blue ribbon. The parents who received this belated baby gift are huge Gator fans and beyond loved the personalized onesies for their new baby boy! 

I bought some Florida State Seminole fabric to make an appliqued tie onesie for another friend of mine. 

This same friend has "a house divided" (her and her husband each graduated from a rival college). I sent one of each onesie to them; Florida State University and then one of the variations of the Florida Gator's onesie tie. Both parents fought over which onesie the baby would wear first. 

If you haven't gathered yet from a few of our "sports related post" we are HUGE Pittsburgh Steelers fans. I figured it was most appropriate to send the Steeler's onesie for my cousin Ricky to wear! 

Here are the three onesies we sent to my newest cousin earlier this year. 

Here is my new baby cousin, Ricky, surrounded by all of his gifts from us, and of course modeling his Steeler's onesie! He's ready for Football season. Is everyone else? 

And for some giggles here is a sneak peak into our photo shoot. 
Mr. Woodsy was part of my close line! He never fails to amaze me with his eagerness to help! 


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At August 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Blissful & Domestic said...

I just wanted to let you know you won the Cuppcake Boutique giveaway on my blog. I am sending your e-mail to Courtney and she will be contacting you soon:> CongradS!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Blissful & Domestic said...

And your hubby is cracking me up helping you. What an awesome man:>

 
At August 15, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

This is so cute! I did that onesie as well, for the shower that I recently hosted. Yours looks a lot better though. :) Your husband is cracking me up, the things that our husbands do for us. :)

 
At August 15, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger The Feisty Redhead said...

People in my home state of KY would go nuts for some little UK onesies! Thanks for the photos!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Craft-a-Boo said...

Its true, you can put anything on a onsie and it looks too damn cute for words!

This was awesome I'll have to keep this in mind for shower gifts!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 3:07 AM , Blogger Katie @ minivan diva said...

Gotta love this pic of your hubby!! That is too funny. And those ties are super cute!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Rose and Heather said...

Love this! What a great gift idea. We would be so happy if you would come and link up at our first ever link party, Crafty Lassie Tuesdays. http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/ Thanks Rose and Heather

 
At August 17, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

First of all thanks for linking up! Secondly-HAHA on the hubs being a clothing ling! And I'm with you-I love the little tie onesies! So adorable!
-Kristi
@ Creative Kristi

 
At August 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Justins Mommy said...

honestly this is the first blog i have seen this tutorial on. so your my inspiration. i just need to think of who might need some of these wicked cute onesies now! thanks for sharing! i can't wait to start making them.

 
At August 21, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Katie,

These onesies really are adorable! Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. I hope you will party again tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home